One day before Space Tech Expo, EEN and Fraunhofer Aviation & Space (formerly known as Allianz Space) will hold an international technology workshop for Start-ups and SMEs with technology needs (overall goal to bring TRL <3 to TRL 7/8). Interested companies should register early, if possible until Oct 4 so that the right institutes can get involved, according to the topics chosen by the start-ups/companies.
In a nutshell:
Fraunhofer Space Community Workshop
Monday, 14 November 2022, 12:00 p.m. light lunch
1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. workshop, followed by networking
EcoMaT, Cornelius-Edzard-Strasse 15, 28199 Bremen, Germany
Goals of the workshop:
- Discussion of technology and cooperation needs of the companies
- Presentation of technical challenges and project visions
- Networking of start-ups/SMEs and selected institutes
- Information on current funding programmes
- Conception of joint R&D projects
- AI for Space (e.g., dealing with Big Data, reducing and/or pre-selecting data in orbit through pattern recognition, machine learning).
- Autonomy/robotics (e.g., in/on-board service, active space debris removal, autonomous driving on celestial bodies)
- Sustainability (e.g., “green” materials and fuels, electric propulsion, lightweight components, reusability)
- Use of satellite data (downstream) (e.g., precision agriculture, climate monitoring, pollution, oceans, fisheries, transportation, etc.)
- In situ resource utilization (ISRU) (collection, processing, storage, and use of materials found or produced on other astronomical objects that replace materials that would otherwise have to be brought from Earth).
- Enabling Technologies (for Space/Design)
Other topics are possible depending on the needs of the participating start-ups. Fraunhofer AVIATION & SPACE is an association of 27 institutes of the Fraunhofer Society that conduct applied research in the field of aerospace. The workshop will be held in English. Participation is free of charge. Interested companies are requested to register and indicate desired topics via the following website by October 4: Registration
There will also be a regular matchmaking during Space Tech Expo (Nov 15-17), organised by EEN Bremen (Ole). For those of you involved in last year’s matchmaking, it might help to check participants from last year to identify participants for the workshop mentioned above.
This workshop would be a great opportunity to get in touch with one of the major players in the German innovation system that is also very successful and experienced in all the relevant European funding programmes. For general information on Fraunhofer Aviation & Space, feel free to check their website: https://www.aviation-space.fraunhofer.de/en.html